X-Ray Tech (PRN) - Bluffton
Optim Orthopedics is seeking a PRN X-Ray Tech for our Bluffton location.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
- Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards.
- Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area.
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis.
- Adjusts/sets radiographic controls.
- Positions patients and takes X-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians.
- Processes film.
- Checks X-rays for clarity of image, retaking when needed.
- Distributes X-rays to appropriate medical staff.
- Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books, and monthly reports.
- Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- Complies with safety standards.
- Cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs.
- Maintains radiographic supplies, film, and orders as necessary.
- Must be licensed by the State of South Carolina
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan