Safety/Risk Manager | Sylvania
Optim Medical Center - Screven is seeking a full time Safety/Risk Manager for our Sylvania location.
- Inspects and evaluates the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Identifies potentially hazardous biological, chemical and radiological materials and collect proper standards and information for analysis.
- Recommends and helps implement changes to protect workers, as well as, educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
- Investigates accidents to identify causes; Evaluates policies and procedures and recommends changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries for patients, visitors and employees.
- Ensures that federal, state, and local laws, regulations and codes are observed and followed.
- Coordinates, develops and implements hazmat and disaster procedures and policies; Conducts quarterly drills; Participates in Coalitions meetings and drills; Manages, organizes and updates disaster sheds as needed.
- Coordinates Safety/EOC Comprehensive rounds with IP and Maintenance quarterly.
- Ensures that the following checks are being conducted on the appropriate timeline: Fire Extinguishers; Fire Extinguisher Draining; Generators; Eye Wash Station Checks; Eye Wash Station Maintenance; Fire Alarm Systems; Sprinkler Systems; Call light/bell system; Work with each manager for departmental safety rounds.
- Conducts Fire Drills quarterly and ensures proper documentation.
- Ensures and checks for Life Safety Code Compliance.
- Updates Safety policies and plans as needed.
- Maintains all written logs for safety and environmental safety including gas logs.
- Works with all members of the team in helping to coordinate in-services for staff.
- Investigates all aspect of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to patient’s needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com