Registration Clerk | Reidsville
Optim Medical Center - Tattnall is seeking a part time Registration Clerk for our Reidsville location.
- Pre-registers patients for scheduled admissions and outpatient procedures.
- Obtains authorization and verifies insurance.
- Accepts reservations' from any physician's office.
- Obtains signatures on Conditions of Admissions and any Authorization for Treatment and initiates the advance directive process. Communicates with nursing services when no advance directive is available.
- Provides information to the patient/representative about complaint process, patient rights, HIPAA and visiting hours. Distributes hospital specific literature.
- Communicates with the nursing department to insure that patients' valuables are taken home by a family member or secured in a safe place.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to supervisor, nurse managers, coworkers and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Responsible for knowing hospital policies and being familiar with hospital services that are available.
- Responsible, when previous arrangements have been made or co-payment is required, to collect such payments, and record.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well in stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures confidentiality of patients' record.
- Answers telephone calls promptly and professionally. Routes calls appropriately, offers voice mail, pages or redirects calls as needed.
- Greets, directs and assists patients and visitors as needed.
- Informs registration/admitting when patient arrives and appropriately and courteously screens solicitors for relevance to organization needs. (Front Desk mainly)
- Directs patients/visitors to appropriate waiting areas.
- Responsible for notification to any and all insurance companies for admissions to the hospital.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com