Registered Nurse | Reidsville
Optim Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse for our Reidsville location.
- Assesses post-operatively on geriatric, pediatric and general population utilizing all available resources (physical examination, patient, significant others, medical record, other healthcare professionals, etc.) and documents assessment in the medical record.
- Gives patient discharge plan utilizing available resources. Makes follow-up telephone calls as part of the discharge process. Reports any problem to the surgeon. Answers questions as appropriate and dictates as indicated.
- Provides education for patient and significant others (i.e., explanation of procedures, therapeutic and adverse effects of medication, drugs and food interactions, and discharge plan) utilizing available teaching resources, and documents patient’s understanding in the medical records.
- Recognizes obvious and subtle changes in patient’s physical and mental status as well as abnormal test results, notifies nurse manager and/or physician.
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate and direct life support measures and to perform effectively in Emergency Code.
- Contacts all post-operative surgery patients the day after surgery and dictates data for the chart.
- Helps to ensure that all medical and surgical supplies are maintained and available throughout the surgery center.
- Stocks recovery, and operating rooms as well as anesthesia supply cart.
- Relieve in the PACU when needed.
- Do overnight shifts when needed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.