PRN Ultrasound Technologist | Savannah
Coastal Imaging is seeking a PRN Ultrasound Technologist for our Savannah location.
Performs a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities including masses, abscesses and stones. Assists Physicians with biopsy procedures, guiding biopsy instrument using sonographic techniques.
- Performs ultrasound procedures, color doppler vascular examinations, abdominal studies and color-flow ultrasound, Ob-Gyn procedures as required.
- Utilizes accessory equipment such as transducers, multi-format cameras, printers and PACS workstations.
- Prepares patients for procedures, explains procedures to patients.
- Reports changes in patient condition to medical staff.
- Provides an oral and written summary or preliminary findings to the radiologist.
- Evaluates quality of sonograms.
- Determines if additional sonograms or ultrasound procedures are indicated.
- Assists in training of Rad Tech/Ultrasound students during clinical rotations.
- Maintains patient records in division.
- Charges procedures and supplies in charge system.
- Archives and de-archive ultrasound data.
- Orients new ultra-sonographers; provides education and training to new sonographers.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org