PRN Medical Technologist | Reidsville
Optim Medical Center - Tattnall is seeking a PRN Medical Technologist for our Reidsville location.
- Ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Serology/Immunology.
- Responsible for performing moderate and high-complexity testing.
- Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Performs quality control procedures and instrument checks according to policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult geriatric patients.
- Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab values.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed for statistics and billing.
- Meets current documentation standards and procedures.
- Interacts professionally with the Director of Clinical Laboratory, Pathologist and Clinical Laboratory personnel.
- Consults with other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and Performance Improvement activities.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/ health care errors.
- Follows standard precautions at all times.
- Manages and operate laboratory equipment safely and correctly.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new testing methods, products, instrumentation, remains informed on all current technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policy, JCAHO, state and other regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.