PRN Charge Registered Nurse (3rd Shift) | Reidsville
Optim Medical Center - Tattnall is seeking a PRN Charge Registered Nurse (Third Shift) for our Reidsville location.
- Provides direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
- Collects current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history and then consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Performs triage, while considering both physical and psychosocial elements.
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Records patient’s current vital signs.
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing and treatments.
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications and reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of mediations by the licensed registered nurse.
- Provides IV therapy.
- Cleans and bandages wounds.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Maintains proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment to care for patients.
- Reports any suspected abuse to the appropriate agencies -Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation, as well as provides referrals to other healthcare professionals for follow- up treatment.
- Displays professionalism while completing multiple urgent tasks in a timely manner.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Supervises the Med/Surg Unit on second shift.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned.
- RN. Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing.
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.