PRN Certified Nursing Assistant | Sylvania
Optim Medical Center - Screven is seeking a PRN Certified Nursing Assistant for our Sylvania location.
- Provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients within the nursing assistant’s scope of practice that includes actions that meet psychosocial needs and physical needs.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, transferring patients and assisting patients with ambulation.
- Obtains patient specimens and delivers to the laboratory, retrieves x-ray films etc.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, weight and intake-output of patients. Reports any abnormal findings to the appropriate nursing staff.
- Prepares patients for meals, serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary, distributes water pitchers and other nourishments to patients. Makes sure patients have fresh ice and water in pitchers at all times.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of a patient by assisting in packing or unpacking belongings and assisting into or out of facility in wheelchair.
- Performs basic patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Reports and records, when appropriate, any changes observed in the condition or behavior of the patient. Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Prepares patients for tests and surgery according to policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with feeding patients and maintaining fluid balance with technique appropriate for patient’s age.
- Provides explanation to patient and family prior to administering care to patient and answers questions within scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.