Practice Manager | Sylvania
Optim Primary Care is seeking a full time Practice Manager for our Sylvania location.
- Coordinates and supervises the billing, collection and cashiering function of the clinic.
- Reconciles accounts receivable balances to general ledger, control accounts as directed.
- Coordinates all office services and related activities of registration, cashiering, billing, collections and data processing.
- Coordinates operations with facility units and medical staff.
- Performs functions associated with patients treated, retrieval and re-file of medical records, and prepares release of medical information for authorized receivers.
- Implements appropriate billing and collection procedures, ensuring that the accounts receivable records are kept in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains appropriate internal controls over accounts receivable and cash receipt functions. Monitors activities with collection agencies, insurance companies, computer center, patients and physicians. Keeps abreast of all reimbursement billing procedures.
- Maintains cooperative attitude with clinic personnel, physicians, patients and families as needed to enhance continuity of care and a positive working environment.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and safety standards.
- Maintains departmental reports and records, and collect statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Supervises office services including telephone, reception, filing, collection of patient accounts, logging and key punch.
- Supervises the charge posting, billing and collection operation to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Implements controls to ensure appropriate submission, billing and payment cycles.
- Establishes appropriate procedures for follow-up on billing and collection on all overdue accounts.
- Supervises, train/orient business office personnel. Plan and coordinate monthly education programs for the clinic.
- Collects and records quality assurance statistical data according to established collecting criteria. Establishes and maintains files and records on an ongoing basis. Retrieves records for release of information and copying. Duplicates documents and forms as directed and mail to outside individuals and agencies.
- Assists in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Justifies needs and purchases. Documents maintenance schedules for department equipment. Documents cleaning and maintenance schedules for the clinic.
- Destroys outdated records on a periodic basis following clearly defined procedures for retention and destruction.
- Assists physicians and mid-level practitioner with chart completion.
- Maintains established clinic procedures, objectives and safety policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com