Phlebotomist | Reidsville
Optim Medical Center - Tattnall is seeking a PRN Phlebotomist for our Reidsville location.
- Consistently draws blood competently and expediently with as little patient discomfort as possible.
- Records phlebotomy requisitions in logbook.
- Identifies the patient - comparing patient information in LIS to the patient's identification band before venipuncture is performed.
- Displays courteous, professional manner toward patients, co-workers, nursing and medical staff.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Labels and records all test tubes, logs procedures, files paperwork.
- Knowledgeable about which color top tube to use and the volume of blood needed - knows test requirements.
- Follows Standard Precautions at all times.
- Disposes all sharps in a red sharps container.
- Cleans and supplies venipuncture trays. Maintains work areas. Orders supplies when needed.
- Requires minimal supervision in performance of job duties.
- Completes duties in a time efficient manner, knows how to prioritize STAT orders, ASAP orders, scheduled orders and outpatients.
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
- Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis.
- Assists laboratory technician, does clerical work when needed.
- Follows policies and procedures for the Clinical Laboratory and the hospital.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org