LPN – Pre-Surgical Testing | Savannah
Optim ASC is seeking a full time Licensed Practical Nurse - Pre-Surgical Testing for our Savannah location.
- Completing the pre-surgical testing per anesthesia guidelines and surgeon orders.
- Collaborate closely with Surgeon’s office and ASC team to prepare patients for surgical procedures.
- Follows established process to ensure that all patients receive timely pre-surgical testing to limit surgery schedule delays and surgery cancellations.
- Serve as a liaison to surgical patients prior to day of surgery for any questions or concerns that may arise.
- Tracks patients that require further workup for medical clearance and/or cardiac clearance to assist Surgeon’s office staff with follow up as necessary.
- Performs venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently while maintaining aseptic technique. Coordinates sending off labs for pre-op testing and retrieves results.
- Performs EKGs while using correct lead placement. Communicates abnormal results with Surgeon’s office to determine if there is a need for cardiac clearance.
- Assists in preparing the OR board for the next day's cases.
- LPN will coordinate with the RN and Patient when they will come in for pre-op testing.
- Under the supervision of an RN, as needed will perform pre-surgical patient assessments.
- Reports any medical problems to anesthesia, and or PACU Coordinator.
- Performs and monitors results of ancillary tests needed and reports results out of the norm to anesthesia/surgeon.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, patient dignity, patient rights, and serves as a patient advocate at all times.
- Provides education for the patient and family regarding procedure, medication, etc.
- Assists pre-op and PACU as needed. Starts IV, cleans stretchers, transports patients, etc.
- Performs any other duties assigned.
Education & Certification:
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Current license as an LPN.
- Current CPR certification.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.