Insurance Follow-Up Representative | Savannah
Optim Healthcare is seeking a full time Insurance Follow-Up Representative for our Savannah location.
- Processes unpaid accounts by contacting insurance companies via web portal or phone.
- Processes denied claims with appeal letters.
- Processes claims denied for additional information from the patient by phone or letters.
- Follows up on accounts for underpayment, overpayments and refunds.
- Prioritizes work in queues based on high dollar then age of the accounts.
- Identifies delinquent accounts by working in queues for all accounts 30 days or older.
- Follows up on accounts via web portal or phone contact. Accounts are to be worked in a timely manner.
- Assists patients on phone with questions regarding statements, adding insurances to the accounts that have not been previously billed that the patient has provided. Account should be documented of how the patient was helped.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing grievances.
- Assist other personnel in the performance of their duties as assigned and as workload permits.
- Functions as a relief for other personnel in the office, as appropriate and to facilitate co-worker's taking time off.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Supports the physician in a professional manner.
- Completes assigned responsibilities in an appropriate time frame.
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other work duties and assignments as required.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org