Electronic Data Interchange Specialist | Savannah
Optim Healthcare is seeking a full time EDI Specialist for our Savannah location.
- Balancing of daily totals from paragon to relay system. Accessing Relay billing and reviewing accounts for NCCI edits and errors.
- Correct errors for claims submission to include insurance names, policy number, modifiers and charge review. Emailing charge posters regarding possible coding errors.
- Printing daily claims and mailing with notes attached. Distributing secondary claims to billers to be mailed out.
- Running daily reports for claim submission totals monthly reports, claim error reports and following up.
- Performs other work duties and assignments as required.
- Must have knowledge and ability in medical office procedures and a basic knowledge of coding and the ability to use the necessary coding books and materials.
- Knowledge of medical billing practices as well as insurance company operating procedures and practices as they relate.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding, CPT and diagnosis codes.
- Knowledge of insurance company procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of governmental legal and regulatory provisions related to collection activities.
- Skill with computer applications and use of calculator.
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, co-workers and others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and follow written and oral instructions.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org