Director of Sports Medicine | Statesboro
Optim Healthcare is seeking a full time Director of Sports Medicine.
- Plans, organizes and directs the department activities for the treatment of athletes.
- Demonstrates ability and trains staff to perform the following functions regarding athletic injuries: prevention, assessment, treatment, (including first aide) and reconditioning as set forth by the NATA Board of certification.
- Administers and ensures trainers carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/program/event physician.
- Demonstrates and trains staff on proper taping, strapping, bracing, and fitting of athletic equipment.
- Manages and ensures coverage by trainers in regards to assigned pre-season physicals, sports games or matches, and related events.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principals of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the athletes’ status and interpret the appropriate information.
- Establishes and develops sports medicine policies and procedures concerning services provided.
- Resolves problems by assisting trainers experiencing care issues.
- Selects and trains/orients assigned personnel. Assigns work and supervises daily operations.
- Provides guidance and instruction to subordinate trainers, educating them on appropriate procedures. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Reviews departmental performance. Develops and maintains a program of quality assurance related to care matters. Recommends changes in work methods.
- Collects data and prepares reports. Maintains statistics, services provided and referrals.
- Determines equipment needs, evaluates equipment for purchase, initiates equipment orders and implements equipment maintenance.
- Develops and recommends department operation budget. Ensures department operates within budget.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum two years of experience, preferably in an athletic training setting. One year supervisory experience in a physical therapy/athletic training department.
- Current state license. Current CPR certificate.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com