Director of Nursing - Surgery Center | Savannah
Optim ASC is seeking a Director of Nursing - Surgery Center for our Savannah location.
- Provides and ensures quality and safe delivery of care to the patients in the Surgery Center/Operating Room.
- Maintains current knowledge of nursing practice while maintaining appropriate certifications and credentials.
- Demonstrates self-direction, problem-solving, and a role model for all staff.
- Utilizes current standards and appropriate resources to provide up to date clinical information and direction to all staff.
- Monitors, directs, and instructs personnel in order to achieve adequate productivity.
- Performs interviews, hiring, orientation, counseling, evaluation, staff meetings, in-services, and education of Surgery Center/Operating Room staff.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates policies, procedures, and standards while reflecting the philosophy of the surgery center/operating room and the company.
- Promotes financial viability through monitoring of prices, revenues, expenditures, and resource management and negotiates prices with vendors to maintain cost effective procedures.
- Prepares reports and statistics and submits to the Board on a regular basis.
- Instrumental in moving the practice to expansion and change while ensuring all standards, codes, and safety measures are followed.
- Develops and recommends strategic and operational plans and operating policies to governing body.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing healthcare delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies.
- Coordinates daily surgery schedule and maintains adequate staffing needs to meet surgery objectives.
- Maintains and promotes professional behavior and appearance while demonstrating high standards of patient care.
- Performs all other duties needed to ensure smooth function of the department.
- BSN required; MSN preferred or master’s in business, health administration or other related field.
- Minimum 10 years of nursing experience with progressively increasing management/operations experience.
- Current state RN license. Current CPR certification.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org