Certified Scrub Tech | Reidsville
Optim Medical Center - Tattnall is seeking a full time Certified Scrub Tech for our Reidsville location.
- Performs scrubbing and second assisting functions (minimal suctioning, tissue retractions, cutting of sutures and application of dressing) during surgical intervention, under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Assembles instruments, equipment, and supplies required for surgical procedures according to Physician’s preference Cards.
- Cleans, decontaminates, wraps, and sterilizes equipment and instruments.
- Cleans surgical suites after each case and performs terminal cleaning of the surgical suites to ensure a safe patient environment.
- Maintains supplies and restocks the Surgery Center.
- Maintains proficiency in knowledge of surgical instruments, equipment, and A.O.R.N. standards of asepsis.
- Participates in the sponge, needle, and instruments count with the circulating nurse as needed.
- Turns over cases as needed (mopping of floors, etc) to help turn over time between cases.
- Performs routine cleaning of Autoclave, Steris and Sterrad and maintains sterility log. Notifies Manager if repairs are needed.
- Responsible for identifying and preserving specimens received during surgery.
- Completion of course for Surgical Technicians from an accredited school.
- Certification as a surgical technologist preferred.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org