Certified Coder | Screven
Optim Medical Center - Screven is seeking a full time Certified Coder for our Sylvania location.
- Oversees processing of surgical/hospital charges for assigned center, including updating of procedure and diagnosis codes in computer files, coordinating reports and maintaining fee ticket files.
- Obtains hospital dictation and charge slips from physicians to code.
- Verifies and updates all patients demographic information before posting charges on patient accounts.
- Reviews posting charges appropriately, includes comment entries for global period, corrects codes with proper modifiers and pricing. Correctly codes in all procedure entry fields to ensure accurate tracking for reporting purposes.
- Receives DRG statements from hospitals, verifies codes and calls hospital if there is a conflict.
- Distributes hospital dictation if necessary.
- Notes global period on comment line of patient’s account in the computer.
- Maintains a daily surgery log to account for all surgeries being posted.
- Posts, bills, and records attorney deposition and conference charges.
- Records and balances all posted charges daily.
- Adds new patients accounts if necessary.
- Assists with coding questions from other departments and patients.
- Remains current with state and federal legislative changes that affect outcomes.
- Maintains accreditation and or licensing in chosen field.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Certified Coding Certificate is required.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org