Appointment Secretary | Savannah
Optim Orthopedics is seeking a full time Appointment Secretary for our Savannah location.
- Interviews patients and referring physician's office personnel via telephone to establish the reason for the office appointment request.
- Obtains demographic information about the patient in order to create a new account or update existing information on patients who have established accounts.
- Schedules appointment for the patient per a particular physician's or PA's scheduling protocol.
- Confirms the date, time, physician or PA to be seen and gives directions to a particular office location as necessary.
- Prepares chart for each patient.
- Retrieves charts according to physician's or PA's schedule prior to the day of appointments.
- Reviews charts to ensure that they are up-to-date and that the latest dictation and reports, i.e., MRI reports, CT scan reports, operative notes, etc., are fastened inside the chart.
- Responsible for making a new chart for each new patient on the schedule which includes placing a new patient information packet inside the chart and including any notes or reports sent to the office by the referring physician prior to the appointment date. A patient information packet must also be placed into the existing patient chart if it has been more than one year since the patient's information was last updated.
- Prints an encounter form (Superbill) for each patient on the schedule, and this is also placed inside each patient's chart. Also in the chart is a "Form 11" to verify demographic information on file.
- Responsible for gathering charts for each particular physician or PA for the current day, printing the day's schedule and taking it to the check-in desk one-half hour prior to the start of the schedule.
- Responsible for obtaining referral information and referral numbers for each patient who has an insurance plan that requires a referral.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org